[Dailydrool] Dear Abby on co-workers annoyed with talk about families

Michael Meckler meckler.12 at osu.edu
Sun Sep 2 13:35:16 PDT 2018

Last week, Dear Abby received a complaint from a reader who is tired to
hearing about his co-worker's family. "All he does is talk about one of
the kids or his wife. He tells anyone who will listen about them -- even
total strangers."

This co-worker sounds like a lot of us talking about our hounds. And I
thought Dear Abby's response to reader's desire to tell the co-worker
off was right on the money. She told the reader to quit complaining.

"Obviously, this man's wife and children are the center of his life, and
he may not have much else to talk about," Dear Abby replied. "Be
grateful it isn't politics."

So now when my co-workers start rolling their eyes at my latest
discourse on my hounds' escapades, I'll just reply, "Would you rather
hear about politics?" That'll shut them up.  ;-)