[Dailydrool] belly bands

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 03:57:31 PDT 2018

Hi all,I am looking for a bit of advice about belly bands and pads.
Rolph, who will be 14 next month, is doubly incontinent. Poop happens and can generally be picked up and disposed of relatively easily - putting a nappy on him won't work due to his long coat. Piddle, however, is becoming more of an issue.
He drips constantly. I made him some 4 or 5-inch wide bands out of stretchy cotton and lined them with spongetex kitchen cloths. They are fastened by strips of velcro. I place inside them a human incontinence pad (make depending on what I can find cheapest). At the moment, he has Attends.
This works fine for the dribble, but three things are happening - As well as being incontinent, he is struggling to walk and often drags his back end around. Once or twice this has caused the band to move behind his boy bits with the expected results. But also, even when then band is in place, if he has a proper pee, rather than a drip, the pee just runs out all over the floor, or drenches his bed.  I also find the pads can shift out of the bands.
I know many people on this list have dealt with similar problems and any advice would be most welcome.
Sally with Rolph and Clara, UK