[Dailydrool] Ginger ATB

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:53:40 PDT 2018

Oh Val! What an awful thing to have happen. The hounds are sending buckets
of healing drool to you!

Our Ginger went to the Bridge last Thursday. She has been declining over
the past couple of months but we found out she had multiple tumors in her
lungs and we had to let her go. We were totally blind sided. We knew
something was going on but cancer had never even crossed our minds. I'm so
glad that we found it before she became terribly sick and uncomfortable. We
have had four hounds for many years and this is the first time since Jersey
died that we've only had three. The dynamics are very different without
Ginger. She was our extremely dog aggressive Houndette who has tried to
kill the other three multiple times over the years. Right now, everyone
seems to be very relaxed and I'm hoping it stays that way. I know Toby
misses her even though she tried to eat him multiple times. She mothered
him regularly (whether he wanted it or not!) and would clean his face and
ears. The girls don't miss her at all. As tough as it is to have an
aggressive hound in the pack, Ginger was wonderful with people and loved
her people with her whole heart. She loved us and we loved her and will
miss her terribly.

I had taken Ginger to our vet a couple of days before the last time and we
had decided to start her on Adequan for her arthritis. I have a whole vial
of it minus one dose. I'd love to give it to a senior rescue if any of you
have a hound on it. Please let me know and I'll get it in the mail to you.
I'll include my email or you can message me on Facebook if you'd like.

Two weeks ago, Shadow (who is 12 now) had a bunch of teeth removed. We were
really nervous about having it done and had been putting it off because of
her age but her teeth were in terrible shape and we could tell she was
having trouble eating. She came through it and has recovered beautifully.
Thank goodness!

Get well and heart healing drool is being sent to all in need.

Jane, Toby and the Houndettes
Shadow & Suzy
janewhay at gmail.com