[Dailydrool] UTI's

akacare at aol.com akacare at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 19:33:24 PDT 2018

Reading a post about increased bladder infections while using Apaquel made me think of Daisy (ATB 05/2018). She was on Apaquel seasonally and did very well on it, in fact it was almost a miracle. She did begin to develop many UTI,s in the second year of taking it. I was not aware of the fact that the medication could be linked to this.  As I was taking her so often, and receiving increasingly stronger antibiotics each time, the vet decided to do a very through evaluation and we found out she had developed cancer in an anal gland. As a matter of fact the vet said "okay Miss Daisy, lets try to find out what is really causing all your problems".  She had surgery and it was a very aggressive kind of cancer, not curable. We did extend her life by 15 months by putting her on Palladia (a chemo pill), suggested by Purdue University. She did very well, until she didn't. My whole point is did the Apaquel start this whole roller coaster?? Yikes!
Carol, Tucker and Sully (Duchess, Charley, Roland, Gracie and Daisy ATB)