[Dailydrool] some sad news

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Sep 27 11:31:20 PDT 2018

Many of you will remember Diana Rothe, mom to Bridge hounds Harry Potter,
Bertie Botts and Daisy Lu Who.  I asked a couple of times on this list for cards
to be sent Diana as she battled her breast cancer. Unfortunately, on Sept. 11th,
Diana lost her battle with triple negative breast cancer and aggressive
inflammatory breast cancer.  I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone who fought
as hard she did.

Diana was a great supporter of Debbies Dawgs; her family requested donations
in lieu of flowers to Debbies Dawgs, your favorite charity or cancer research.
Debbies Dawgs has received quite a few donations in her memory and that
money will be set aside for a dog bed program for the senior bassets in rescue.
If you’re interested in donating to DDawgs in Diana’s memory, you can Paypal,
using friends and family, to debbiesdawgs2016 at gmail.com    For those that
donate via Paypal for $5 Friday, this is not the $5 Friday Paypal account.  Or
you can send a check made out to Debbies Dawgs, 23 Peppertree Ct.
Marietta GA  30068  Please notate your donation as being in honor of Diana
Rothe.

We will be announcing the details of the dog bed program soon. It will have
Diana’s name attached to it.

If you would like to send a sympathy card to Diana’s husband and daughter
and/or her sister, please email me at dlindy at mac.com and I’ll be happy to
provide info to you.

Diana missed her dogs terribly but I’m sure she’s been reunited with them
and they are running together at the Bridge.

I think a lot of us are at the age where we’re going to be losing our basset
human friends.  We’ve lost so many of our favorite basset hounds and those
that have been here a long time remember so many wonderful, personable,
loveable, silly hounds that have been shared with us. How fortunate many of
us have been to be able to meet some of these hounds and their humans, too.
It’s the cycle of life, but it makes me sad. Lots of great hounds AND humans
on this list.

Donna, drool fueler for Maggie and YaYa