[Dailydrool] October $5 Friday

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Sep 27 17:53:38 PDT 2018

Debbies Dawgs October $5 Friday is, amazingly, October 5th which is next
Friday!  Our rescue is Tri-State BHR in NJ.  If you are not aware of this
great rescue and its board and volunteers, you need to be.  This rescue
helps dogs that are hundreds of miles away - one of their foster homes is
in Alabama!  Right now they have over 30 senior forever fosters and several
of those are in hospice care.  They could really use our help. If you can
donate, please do.  Seniors are an expensive investment but they do not
turn them away, no matter how sick they are.

There are 2 ways to donate to $5 Friday. One is via Paypal.  Please be
sure to use the Friends and Family option or Paypal will assume you are
making a purchase and they will charge a fee.  You are making a donation,
not buying anything, so Friends and Family is what you want.  You have to
really look for it sometimes.  The address to send to for Paypal is

debbiesdawgs at icloud.com    Please try not to send to our gmail account

as it is used for the general account. If you  mess up and do it anyway, it’s
fine - we’ll transfer it but just watch autofill which we all know can be our
friend or make us sound like we are crazy.

If you prefer to send a check, make it out to Debbies Dawgs and send it
to 23 Peppertree Ct. Marietta GA  30068

I would like to thank everyone on this list who has been supporting the
rescues this year.  If you’ve never donated, I can promise you it’s a wonderful
thing to know that you are part of helping a rescue pay for surgeries, dentals,
heartworm treatments, medications or whatever they need.  It’s the best $5,
$10, $15 or however much you donate that you’ve ever spent.

Rescues we have helped so far this year with $5 Fridays are Carolina BHR, Utah
Friends of Bassets, Basset Rescue Across Texas, Droopy Basset Hound Rescue
of Western PA, Belly Rubs BR, Looziana BR, Suncoast BR as well as 6 smaller
rescues that shared two different $5 Fridays: Ohana BHR, BR of SW Colorado,
Helping Hands BHR, BR of Montana, Basset Rescue of Kentuckiana and The
Hounds of Peaceful Place.  We’ve also helped with emergency surgery expenses
for Hounds Haven BHR, BAGS BHR and BR of SW Colorado with $2 Tuesdays.

We’ve supplied the House of Puddles, The Hounds of Peaceful Place and
Tri-State with special needs they had for hounds that have come into their rescue
as well as found over 25 human senior pawtners who send care packages to the
senior hounds in rescue.

And we did all of this because you helped us do it.  Come and get on the Debbies
Dawgs train and go across the country with us, helping the rescues with the seniors
that have ended up as strays, have been abandoned in houses, never lived in inside
or had their own bed, have lost their owner or whose owner could not take care of
them. Most of their stories are heartbreaking but these rescues give these dogs a
life they didn’t know even existed.

Thanks for reading and I hope you’ll donate this month for Tri-State and every other
rescue after that.

If you’ve not been aware of Debbies Dawgs here is a link to our FB  page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/debbiesdawgs/   It’s a public page and you
should be able to see it even if you are not on Facebook; if you are not a member
of our page, you can’t comment but you can scroll down and see what we do.

Donna, drool fueler for my own senior rescues, Maggie and YaYa