[Dailydrool] Dear Snoopy

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 5 00:18:36 PDT 2019

Hi Snoopy, Clara here.Last night, I was tucked up in bed definitely NOT snoring (because ladies don't snore) and I thought I heard my Ipaw go off. Luckily The Mother was still awake and attended to her secretarial duties.
As she was talking, I began to wake up properly. I know it was you, Snoopy. But what on earth was that about d at mn beagles?
Let me get this straight. I am a refined lady of age, status and good character. Whilst I am gracious to other dogs we meet while taking my daily constitutional, even beagles, I have very high standards about those allowed in my inner circle.
Since my late brother, Sir Rolphimis, passed away it has been a little quiet - although I have been getting far better service from The Mother - and I have considered whether a ladies' companion might be a good idea. You know, a houndette of good character but little means. She could read to me, plump up my pillows and help me keep those marauding badgers at bay. We could discuss matters of importance, such as what time food is served, and she could deal with the more dreary side of things, such as my fan mail and seeking out treasures for auction. Does this sound like a role foe a d at mn beagle to you? Does it?
So let's get this clear, Snoopy (and Chomper), I would rather you didn't put stupid ideas in The Mother's head. She is easily led and sometimes lacks the clarity of ideas one would expect from a well-trained slave. DO I make myself clear?
And, perhaps you could have a word with that clueless momperson of yours too. I want this matter closed down.
Clara, with Sally, UK