[Dailydrool] Back surgery

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 19:58:43 PDT 2019

Last weekend, Guinness yelped coming up a short step from the porch.  He got worse as the week went on and we went to the vet yesterday.  He got meds and an appointment for recheck today.  Things were no better and walking a challenge.  The vet sent us on an emergency visit to the Mass. Veterinary Referral Hospital to see a neurologist.  Tonight they performed surgery and I just got off the phone with the surgeon.  He is doing well, but she was surprised that he could walk at all the disc was so bad and bleeding.  The good news is that he can feel his toes.  I will hear more in the morning.  He was not eating for the last few days and his 3 cohorts were also off their food.  One bad night, Mulligan climbed in bed with him and he calmed down and slept. The 3 ate tonight but keep looking for Guinness.  Hopefully he can come home Monday.  He will have to be confined to a pen with limited walks.   Miss my quirky boy, but he is where he needs to be getting good care.

Sent from my iPhone