[Dailydrool] I’m so far behind

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 21:55:18 PDT 2019

aloha, I’m so far behind on Drools (and much else, sigh)

Becky,  I’m so saddened to learn of your loss.  words don’t do the trick. My heart is with you. What a terrible terrible loss:  we on the Drool love you so much and send loving embraces and slurps.

Doug, welcome Blanca.  i haven’t a doubt in the world that Blanca’s learning the ins and outs of pottying on a schedule is in your future.  It is just a matter of time for her to learn the routines.  Hang in there.

Oh, dog, my short term memory is not what it once was.  I just read a half dozen drools.  Let’s see.

Merta Lou, my crew totally gets you.  Mariah is a champion counter surfer (though I did hear you that Doc led the raid).  I am currently making a wall hanging quilt for a local quilt competition which features Mariah.  the theme is “Reach for the Stars”.  In my quilt, Mariah is counter surfing our counter for star shaped Christmas cookies.lol.  I am  loving it already ad hope to win a ribbon.

And now my memory is shot.  I’ll review again.  apologies to whomever I’ve just left out.

On the amusing stories side, my husband Bill and I went to a northern site on our island this week to hear a noted scientist associated with our Keck Observatory speak on the origins of the first galaxies. Welive on the Big Island of Hawaii inKailua-Kona, midway down the westcoast of the island.  We stayed overnight in Waimea and left our three dogs (two bassets and a multi-mixed mostly pitbull at a nearby kennel overnight in Kona.)  When we returned, we were amused to hear the kennel attendants tell us how excited they were to see “a Hawaiian dog” at their kennel.  ( Obviously, all the dogs at the kennel live in Hawaii) but, looking around, it was true, most dogs in the other kennels were also purebreds like our two rescue bassets.  so what was implied?  socioeconomic privilege? (who can afford to leave a dog at a kennel and travel. Non-indigenous folks with more resources?)  or folks without any extended local families who could look after their pets when a family member traveled? Also possible.

Our “Hawaiian dog” (also a rescue) is a dog that looks like the RCA Victrola dog.  We did her DNA.  She-is 75% pitbull and 25% catahoula, shar-pei, Jack russell, Whippet, and other unidentified.   and she-is covered in scars from a former life as a boar hunting dog.  she is indeed a classic “HawAiian dog”.

must close now.  Having computer problems.  Aloha, all.

Val Brewer