[Dailydrool] Martin Dog Update

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 05:33:43 PDT 2019

Hi All! Sorry we just kind of fell off the earth. Things got crazy. For the
most part, I am up to date, I think. Many dogs died during our short break.
We are so sorry and are sending prayers from me and drool from Beauford and
Bugsey. Browyn sends snooter kisses. We also are including people with sick
dogs on that list.

Back in December, My MIL died. We managed to go see her while she was still
coherent. Unfortunately, I caught a really wicked URI while there. It took
me a good month to get over it. Then I broke my foot! Again! No, I don't
have osteoperosis. I am just a klutz.

Meanwhile, both Beauford and Bugsey had a bout of gastroenteritis. Beauford
cleared up semi quickly. We are still battling Bugsey. We discovered part
of his problem is a B12 deficiency. We have done so many blood tests trying
to figure out when he needs his shots I have lost count. The bad part is
that it has to be fasting blood work. None of the crew likes the morning
routine when Bugsey has to fast. The other problem with the B12 deficiency
is that Bugsey turns into a crab! He has zero patience with Browyn the
Fairy Princess. He has not drawn any blood, but he pulls out small chunks
of her hair. Anyway, we think we have it figured out that Bugsey needs a
shot every 3 weeks. They ordered me a bottle and I will be giving the shots
at home. One problem down! I have switched everyone to Royal Canin HP. I
wish I had done it sooner! It is not cheap, but since making the change,
Beauford and Bugsey no longer have wicked gas. Everyone is on less allergy
medicine and the boys are looking great in the yeasty beasty department. As
insanely high as the pollen count is, no hot spots on Beauford! Browyn is
only on her allergy extract shots and melatonin so she sleeps at night!
Bugsey's ears are holding their own! Maybe I should start eating their
food. Allergy season is trying to kill me. Quite literally, but my
wonderful allergist has me on a couple of new drugs and with any luck I
will be good as new in a few months. We will try to do better about
writing. Best wishes for everyone!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess