[Dailydrool] A conversation with Merta Lou

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 13:24:33 PDT 2019

This is MAriah.  I had a chat with MertA Lou the other day and came to realize I overstated my case.  Not all bassets are alike, and not very many bassets are like me.  I am basically intrepid and like to take control in any situation in which this is possible, but will yield to authority if I absolutely have to.  For me a muzzle is no big deal other than an irritating setback to my plans.

But some  bassets are timid.  Actually both of my sisters, one a basset and one a notabasset, are timid.  Actually, my notabasset sister was traumatized earlier in her life and goes nuts at any hint of physical restraint of any kind. Muzzles just further terrorize timid dogs by making them feel they have no control whatsoever.  So forget my suck-it-up-buttercup comment.  that was meant only for fearless warrior princesses like myself.  Mariah