[Dailydrool] Heart disaease

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 00:58:52 PDT 2019

I am having a tought time with it as well. Conley had a heart murmur which
was ok for a long long time and all of a sudden just exploded on him the
last couple of months of his life, after he had been on grain free for
quite awhile. I have no clue whether or not I killed my dog with his food
but he got other food as well and I am thinking maybe not. But the kibble I
use is still grain-free but has had no recalls for lead or glass or
salmonella or botulism or pieces of machinery or otherwise toxic or
terrible items in it and so as that requirement fits fewer and fewer foods
I supplement with home made fresh and a bit of cottage cheese.
My Vet is great but not great enough tohave, on top of his regular
knowledge, a working ability to determine what a good dog food is.  So I am
not happy asking him. Science Diet probably put him through Vet school and
paid for half his equipment and I cannot expect him to know everything
anyway. (I do, but I shouldn't.)
If anyone knows-- or can tell me what legumes are terrible to feed: is it
chickpeas or sweet peas or baked beans (just kidding)...who the hell
knows??? So on I muddle, remembering Conley in his final hours so hard to
breathe...poor baby. Did I kill him?

MomPerson to MertaLou and Doc