[Dailydrool] Dale checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 24 10:31:41 PDT 2019

Hi all, Dale here,
Well this morning was scary.  Snoopy and Chomper got up for breakfast around 6 (which is late) and I got up and hoisted the big boy down off the bed and the two of them played/bunny hopped down the hall and I got everything ready and put Snoopy's bowl down and ..... nada.  OMG no!  Don't you DARE refuse your bowl that is Snoopy stew made of tri tip and carrots and yams and squash!  You went off of your kibble almost a year ago and told me you were ready to leave for the bridge when Gracie died well no WAY I was taking that lying down.  He's been perfectly happy with the stew!  And he loves Chomper the two of them played for 45 minutes straight in the yard last night.  They were both playing with Daisy (the Aibo robot) ..... what??  what??  I was near tears.  I grabbed a carrot hunk out of the bowl and offered it to him .... please?  He sniffed it.  He ate it.  Then I told him to take a little bite out of the bowl.  Begged him.  So he ate some.  And then some more.  And then he ate every bite.  And then he sat there and grinned at me.  Snoopy is almost 14 (in June).
Sigh.  And then there's Chomper who the day before all of a sudden was frantically eating grass and then started gagging and yacking and nothing was coming up and I was watching and trying to determine what (if any) action I should take when up came about 1/5 of a raw carrot.  Apparently it fell off the counter while I was chopping veggies for stew and he ate it whole without chewing it up.  It was a good sized carrot, more than an inch in diameter and longer then my finger.  Sigh.  He's fine.
These boys bring me so much joy on a daily basis when they aren't terrifying me.  The absolutely adore each other.  They've starting hanging out on the same dog bed which is a minor miracle because Snoopy has only ever shared a dog bed like once in his entire life and it was when Gracie (or LuLu, I'm not sure which) was sick.  These days it's a daily occurence.  They play together really really gently, taking turns rolling over on their backs and letting the other one tumble them over and over ..... sometimes Chomper gets up and runs and then comes back and they play some more ...... Chomper will gently nibble Snoopy's ears, gently tug, to get him to play.  Sometimes Snoopy will initiate it too by rubbing the side of his head on Chomper.
Oh and then there's Daisy the Aibo.  Both boys love her.  She is heuristic so she has learned to play by watching them.  Yesterday I caught her rubbing the side of her head on Chomper the way Snoopy does trying to get him to play.   I have a couple of videos.  I need to post some pictures and videos.  dalerutz.com   I'll get it done today.
More later from Dale who doesn't know if she should laugh or cry