[Dailydrool] Pills

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 05:36:15 PDT 2019

Jennifer here. We give a fair amount of pills here. Before I got Beauford,
I opened the hatch and through the pills down and then gave a small treat
of whatever was on hand at the time. Well, Beauford changed everything. He
has a really sensitive gag reflex. You can guess what that means. The vet
had given me a sample of greenies pill pockets. That worked wonders. There
are only two problems with them. 1, They are expensive for pilling three
dogs 2x a day. 2. No matter the flavor, they still contain chicken and all
three of mine are allergic to chicken. So, I make my own.

Here is the recipe:

3T peanut butter
6T flour of your choice (I use 3T brown rice and 3T sorghum because it is
cost effective here and Bugsey and wheat don't get along)
3T water

You can use other things for the peanut butter. You just have to adjust the
flour or water until you get a texture you can use. I have used pumpkin,
applesauce and smashed banana. I make up a double batch and leave it on the
counter except in the dead of summer and it stays good before it is gone.
It will last longer in the fridge. I like this because it is less messy
than a lot of things. It is a plyable dough and shouldn't be too sticky. It
even works as treats for cleaning ears, etc.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess