[Dailydrool] Daisy's cyst

jkdjf at tds.net jkdjf at tds.net
Fri Aug 2 09:08:05 PDT 2019

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I posted anything and in the meantime both of my pups have gotten older.  Daisy is over 14 and not sure about Thelma but we think she is older than Daisy. Daisy has had a problem with cysts her whole life. She has had many many surgeries to remove them. She has one now that is on her hip that she wont leave alone. We have done everything we know to do for it. We have tied putting bandages on it but that requires taping her all the way around in front of her legs. She can still get the bandage off. She has a suit that is supposed to be used like a cone and covers her whole body but when she walk it slips up over the open cyst. Now we have a cone on her which doesn't work either. She is so long she can bend around and still lick and bite on the place. I have had her to her vet twice about it and he doesn't want to do more surgery because of her age and a heart murmur. We have exhausted all options to get the thing healed and even if we did it would just open back up in time.  Any of you pros out there have any ideas. I think I need a armadillo shell.  haha   Kathy with Daisy and Thelma which is another whole story.