[Dailydrool] Seizures and allergies

anniebh at acsol.net anniebh at acsol.net
Wed Aug 7 15:12:40 PDT 2019

Two separate things here.

Has anyone had a hound have a seizure after eating a mushroom off the grass?
I think our new little girl Loretta did. Rushed her to the closest clinic
and the doc put her on a very strong dose of Keppra and all she did was
sleep for the week we were giving it to her. He also said it could not have
been caused by eating a mushroom. I have now read dozens of articles that
say eating mushrooms can cause seizures. I've also had several people that
were fairly sure that is what cause their dog to have a seizure and they
didn't treat it and it never had another. I have now gone to my regular doc
who was not working that day and he agrees, dose is high so we are tapering
off and will eventually stop and see how she does.

Second, same little girl had skin irritation before this seizure thing and
doc had me give her Claritin to see if it would clear up. It never did so
yesterday he gave her an injection of Cytopoint and about 3 hours later she
threw up her breakfast but instead of being brown like her kibble it was
full of different colors, the kibble pieces, orange, green, looked
psychedelic. She then broke out in hives and was breathing very heavy so we
rushed her back and he gave her something for the allergic reaction. He said
he has given that med 100's of times and never seen an allergic reaction to
it. Has anyone had this happen?

Ann

anniebh at acsol.net