[Dailydrool] Aloha from Mariah

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 22:27:55 PDT 2019

This is Mariah in Hawaii.  Mom hasn’t let me on the computer for forever.  I haven’t done anything wrong, mind you, or at least nothing out of the ordinary, but Mom has been out of the house a lot, caring for an injured friend, and teaching at a quilt retreat, and who know what else—nothing which in my mind justifies neglecting me.  then she has the nerve to say she can’t think of anything interesting or clever to write in any case.  Well, for dog’s sake, woman, give ME the computer.  You may be boring, but I am not.
these past two weeks we’ve been babysitting our chihuahua mix friend, June.  that has been fun.  four dogs to make a racket instead of just three.  June has this super high, loud, squeaky-squeaky staccato  yap that is driving our Dad crazy.  when the four of us charge through the house, out the doggie door, and into the yard barking, it is a sound to behold.  Mila has a low bass bark.  I’m an alto.  iPod is a tenor.  and June rounds out the quartet with a high soprano.  then Mila and I start howling (the other two don’t know how). and then Dad goes thundering out of the house yelling “In the house, NOW!” And slams the door after us.  It is a true symphony, very Wagnerian.
I am curiously anticipating next month.  mom and Dad are flying away somewhere for an entire month to attend two family weddings on the east coast.  they tell us they have hired an in home dog sitter to take care of us.  I am wondering how much I can get away with.  Mila is plotting (with her one functional brain cell) how to train the sitter to feed her biscuits non-stop.  iPo is trying to decide whether she will spend the month under the house or warm up to the newcomer.  Mom knows her from PETCO where she works in addition to running her Pet sitting service on the side, and says she is very kind and liberally dispenses treats to all the rescue dogs when mom is there, so I am thinking we might be able to have a good time.  but we’ll see.  all three of us are kind of stuck on mom.  Mila and I are more opportunistic than IPo.  so, send drool for IPo.  for us bassets, send chicken jerky. Lol.
so that’s the news here.  By the way, Mom is Val Brewer.  Paisley’s mom is Val Strand.  Lots of Val’s around these days.  shooters to you all.  Love, Mariah of Hawaii