[Dailydrool] Amazing animal instinct

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 18 23:26:58 PDT 2019

I may have mentioned that Athena is very protective of me and my home.Anyone coming through the door, including my son, who was here before her, gets barked at.Lesser known mortals get barked and growled at. When my younger daughter came to visit, she was even barked at for standing up.
Last Thursday, my elder daughter and husband came over in the morning, because she was due to have her her first baby induced at the hospital five minutes away. Athena duly grumbled at them both, in between asking for pets.
The young couple returned to my house that afternoon, to a chouras of growls and grumbles. The next morning I woke at 5am to find them in the kitchen with labour in progress. Athena made not a sound. She went and sniffed, then followed my girl around with a worried expression. It was a complete transformation.
Later, I returned from the hospital with some washing, including a couple of tiny vests and babygros. Immediately Athena, who has never shown any interest in washing, rooted through, singling out the tiny clothes in a determined fashion. On Saturday the young parents and baby came back from hospital. Not a murmur, but a very concerted attempt to see the new addition to the family.
She has never had puppies. According to her previous owners she has never come across babies. But she knew.

Sally, with Athena, UK, welcoming Felix King-Woodward to the family.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android