[Dailydrool] How to help overcome fear of noise/busy places

Rebecca Louisa Stanton pummorse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 08:18:40 PDT 2019

Hello all. I adopted watson 10 weeks ago and its going very well. He is
aged 5.5. He has obviously never been socialized going into pubs etc like
Morse had, and his little tail tucks under and he sticks close to me and
looks worried, he wont accept any treats in the pub. Well, some friends
came down and we went into a pub I dont ever go into.  They had already
booked it, so we went along.  I thought Watson was doing well despite it
bring very noisy, as he lay down at my feet, but when I checked him after a
bit I noticed he was shaking. So I made my excuses and we left, but since
then the poor love is worse. Now when he sees the pub, and not that pub,  I
mean the nice one where I had taken him, and morses fav, he wont go
anywhere near it. Refuses to budge. Nothing will tempt him. Any ideas?
Yesterday he also refused to go into a little outside cafe which only had
one family in it, as the children were particularly shrill. I want to try
and help him but am not really sure what to do, what would help? Any ideas
gratefully received. Strangely enough I went for coffee on the moors with
him the other day and it was very busy, with about 50 people and 10 other
dogs, but because it was outside he had no problem with it.
Becky  and Watson,  with Mike Morse and Pumbaa ATB x