[Dailydrool] Newbie

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 28 17:01:12 PDT 2019

Hello from Chomper,
Yes, yes I am the new kid on the block.  Honestly, at first, it was HORRIBLE.  I lived in a home with my little boy (he was 8) and his mom.  We had lived in several homes, but always with my little boy and his mom, since waaayyyyy back when i was very tiny buppy.  Too tiny, I was purchased off of Craigslist at 8 weeks.  Anyway one morning, which started out like all other mornings, a strange lady came to the house.  And she swanted to put a harness on me and TAKE ME AWAY.  I cried, i screamed, i sobbed, I fought .... my little boy was crying and screaming too .... and his mom was saying stuff, all kinds of stuff neither of us cared about and the lady she dragged me out of there and forced me into her car and we drove ...... forever.
I calmed down a little bit and then she pulled over and got me out of the car and there was a man and a lady and she wanted me to go with the man and the lady and there was NO way I was going with the man and the lady but they had the lead and they dragged me over to THEIR car and forced me in and then THEY drover forever and then ...... they pulled over and they got out and they let me out and there was ANOTHER LADY.
And she was completely clueless.
And I had NO intention, NONE of going anywhere with this clueless woman.  Oh, you should have seen the look I gave her.  It was some look.  I decided I liked the man better then either of these ladies so I stood next to the man and he somehow got me to walk up a ramp and into a car, by now I had no idea whose car was which .... and he had TRICKED me I was in the CLUELESS woman's car.  And then she drove forever.
At some point in the ride I informed the clueless woman that I needed a potty break.  She told me we were almost there and I should wait so i waited but we still weren't there and I really, really, really had to go so I told her again and she said we were almost there and to wait and I said I couldn't and she said I should ...... and I wound up pooping all over the back of her Subaru out back.  liquid poop because I was so scared.  Everywhere.  fortunately she had seat protectors and anyway she got it detailed after that so it was ok but in the moment we were both pretty upset.
Then we arrived.  FINALLY.  She had some cleaning up to do so she put me inside and went back to clean up.  Inside had a few other beings in there.  A man.  2 teenage girls (well, ones no longer a teenager but still).  And ..... a very loud and extremely indignant basset.  Who got in my face and screamed at me.  Nonstop.
I decided my best course of action was to go to the end of the hall and stand in the bathroom with my back to the tub, facing down the hall where I could keep an eye on Mr Big Mouth who then decided to positioned himself in the doorway facing me and commenced to howl.  For an hour and a half.  The clueless momPerson, as she's called, came inside.  She suggested to Mr Big Mouth (also known as Snoopy) that he should be nice.  She suggested to me that I should come out of the bathroom.  Neither of us took her advice.  So she wandered off.
About an hour and a half later Snoopy got bored and went to lay on a dog bed in the living room.  Shortly thereafter I got lonely and went looking for him.  I found him on his dog bed and I joined him on his dog bed.  When I did the ENTIRE FAMILY FROZE.  Literally froze.  Nobody moved.  Nobody said anything.  They all stood there with their jaws on the floor.  And waited.  For what I will never know because I laid my head on his butt and went to sleep I was TIRED after that.  We got up later and he held the dog door open for me and we went outside and we peed and then we played chase and wrestled a bit and he showed me around the yard and showed me where the water bowl was and explained how and when we got fed and then he brought me back inside and showed me where the toy box was and we played tuggy with some of the toys and we've been best friends ever since.
So yeah, being a newbie can be very traumatic but it usually works out OK from what I can see.  I still don't know what they were all waiting for that night.
Goodbye from Chomperwith Snoopy who has a very cushy tushy and loves me to bits .... we play every single day ..... Snoopy taught me to howl .... he's the best.