[Dailydrool] Raspberry jam poop and weenie water

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 13:47:30 PDT 2019

Gabrielle (whose birthday it is today - 7YO) became suddenly ill this weekend and her poop looked just like raspberry jam.  I decided to research this symptom before I rushed her off to the ER Vet.  It appeared that she probably had HGE Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis.  While this can be serious especially if the dog becomes dehydrated, it usually passes without sever consequences.  I decided to see if I could keep her hydrated and watch for her for a while.

I was wondering how I was going to get her to drink enough water and then I remembered reading a post some time ago on the Drool about cooking weenies in water to make it taste better so they will drink it.  I immediately made a batch of this weenie water and added some chia seeds to aid in soothing her digestive system.  She LOVED it and I was able to get her to drink enough of it to keep her hydrated.  Her symptoms were slowly improving and I was able to keep her hydrated until I could get her into see our regular vet the first thing Monday morning.

He diagnosed her with HGE and gave her some meds to help with any vomiting and to sooth her intestines  and sent her home.

I love the Drool!  You never know when you will need some bit of information you picked up from here that will help you out.  I'm not sure who posted about the weenie water, but I owe them a huge THANKS for posting it.

Karen Williams
bazadaba at yahoo.com
Please don't breed or buy while in shelters they die