[Dailydrool] Bassets as therapy dogs

don/jan cook tudor2 at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 6 13:32:10 PST 2019

Dexter is doing an amazing job and you are so eloquent in describing all he does.

Ean, my therapy Basset, and I go to a grade one class as well. It is amazing to watch how the little ones progress in their reading skills.
Ean mostly sleeps thru their stories. They like to tease him by reading him cat stories. I tell them he would like bunny stories better because he loves to track rabbits. Assuring them of course, he never catches them.

He also goes to the University to de-stress the students, and retirement homes, where they love to hear about his antics.

In a developmentally delayed adult group he has one lady he likes, and shows it by sitting on her feet. She is non verbal and he produces a smile from her every time. In fact, they told me this week that she wouldn’t go on an outing with the rest of them, because she knew Ean was coming to visit her.

Bassets do make great therapy dogs!!

Jan and the hounds