[Dailydrool] Rabies shot

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 9 08:45:25 PST 2019

Hi all, Dale here,
That story about the rabies shot really hit home ....... we are long time droolers who nearly lost our notabasset Cyrus to a rabies shot.  He had the exact same thing happen ...... my kids called me at work and told me they got home from school and they could not raise Cyrus to standing.  I RACED home and managed to help my 110 lb lab (he was HUGE) to the car and drove like a maniac to the vet ....... the vet on duty was a VERY old man who has since retired ...... he told me this was a reaction to the rabies shot and would likely kill my dog without intervention ..... he asked my permission to give Cyrus a massive steriod injection to try to save him ...... long story short it worked and Cyrus lived many more years.
The rabies vaccine is VERY dangerous ...... Snoopy had a similar reaction in the vet waiting room (they make the dogs wait now) and they took him back and gave him a shot and now he (at 14 1/2) he is exempt, no more shots.  Chomper has a rabies shot coming up and he will receive it with NOTHING else .... we'll come back in 2 weeks for the other shot.
I am so sorry you lost your baby.  I am very grateful to you that he died loved.
Sad soft ahroos.
Dale