[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 22:45:47 PST 2019

This is Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset.
I guess it is almost Christmas. She has a good friend who is in the
hospital with something called stage 4 breast cancer. I know the last word
but do not want to even utter it, but the rest I do not understand.
I know that She is gone a lot doing something called Running the Gallery.
Or trying to with other people. I do not know what this is. I know about
walking dogs and Breezing horses but I have never met a Gallery. Doc says
it is a place not a thing but if it is why is it running? Is it afraid of
something? Why does She have to help it run? Can't it run on it's own?
Maybe it is like a big snake and has no legs?
Doc says that is where he went every Tuesday morning with Her but he has
not done that since the Friend got sick. I guess the friend used to run
with the Gallery maybe, and now She and some others take turns.
It is too complicated for a simple Little Girl like me. I just hope she
doesn't forget it's Christmas.

Worried Merta Lou, hoping for her stocking to be filled anyway. (I have
been very very good.)