[Dailydrool] Dale Checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 12 13:48:18 PST 2019

Hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,
Well it's turned to winter here in California, it rained for 2 weeks straight!!  My hounds do NOT like that, on the other hand it is a pleasure to have hounds that go OUTSIDE NO MATTER WHAT to go potty.
When I say outside I mean completely outside.  My husband had the nerve to suggest that pooping at the bottom of the ramp, right on the patio, was suboptimal.  I told him it's OUTSIDE deal with it!!!!!  Snoopy will usually walk to the edge of the patio to pee, however he is a long boy and often only gets his front half off of the patio and winds up peeing ON the patio.  Who cares it's concrete and can be hosed/rained off.  It's OUTSIDE.  shessh.
Speaking of Snoopy the old boy is quite the dickens.  I had to explain to him YESTERDAY that he is not allowed to climb up on the kitchen table.  Quite a feat for a 14 1/2 year old half blind crippled basset but there he was with his front feet on a chair and that snooter checking out the table ...... my boy.  He yells (howls) when he doesn't get his way.  He is either eating, playing with Chomper or sleeping.  And yes he does PLAY.  They have snooter fights (like sword fights only with snooters), they wrestle ....... sometimes Chomper gets really worked up and does the basset 500 while Snoopy yells ..... its very funny and very sweet at the same time.
At this point, Snoopy gets whatever Snoopy wants.  The week before last his laser took 1 1/2 hrs because he kept getting up and strolling off in the middle and the tech would just laugh and pet him and play with him and coax him back and start again ....... that tech did his toe bones too and used the same approach.  Literally an hour and a half to get his laser and his toebones done.
The old boy has picked up a VERY annoying habit .... at night he likes to lick himself to sleep!!  Loudly!!  this is not allowed because it is annoying and will lead to skin issues.  I've found a cure though I have a lightweight blankie and when I lift him into bed and tuck him in with that blankie and he would rather have the blankie on then move it to lick to that solved it.
We are part of a group and our cards will be out soon ..... hope you like them.
Joy to all .... we wish you well
Dale and the hounds.