[Dailydrool] Rainy Bassets

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 03:09:05 PST 2019

Merta Lou is the first Basset I have had who doesn't like the rain-- not
that the others did, but they ignored it. ML Is fussier and Doc is
basically waterproof unless it is pouring out. But ML will go out if I
insist.
What ML is, however, is obsessed with being first-- first to be petted,
first to be fed, first onto the bed and ---- last going out the door.
Sometimes, about 80% of the time, she will wait in another room, far from
the door while Doc, who is very excitable when going outside goes out. When
she hears the door closing she trots to the door and waits for me to open
it again. This way, the Excitable Boy* doesn't grab her ears as they go out
the door. (Efforts to train this out of Doc have been unsuccessful for
nearly 8 years now.)

No wonder she is last out the door.
MomPerson to Doc & Merta Lou

* thank you, Warren Zevon