[Dailydrool] Advice for a grieving hound

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Wed Dec 25 12:39:55 PST 2019

Last week we had to let our 5 year old rescue, Shih Tzu, Sprite,  go to the
bridge.  A horrible fast acting tumor in the heart: hemangiosarcoma.
Usually occurs in large dogs and older dogs.  We are devastated, as we only
had our darling Sprite 4 years.

Our basset rescue, Nellie, has been with us a little over a year and is so
upset that her buddy is not here.  We are burying Sprite tomorrow at the
pet cemetery in Miami where our 5 bassets and one cat are buried.

We have always taken the surviving dog to the cemetery, as we have been
told that once they smell their friend, they know that they will not
return.  It has worked in the past....

Any other ideas about this all too common happening, will be appreciated.

Happy Holidays to all.

We are trying to look on the bright side, as Sprite did not suffer...this
thought sometimes helps.

Sally, Bert .Nellie and, Sprite (ATB)