[Dailydrool] Aloha

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 17:31:53 PST 2019

Aloha, this is Mariah.  we’ve been away from the computer a bit, due to mom’s schedule—she doesn’t trust me with the computer, or much else, to be honest, even though she loves me dearly.  anyway, we are back.

mom wanted me to relay some messages before I get my turn.  she is very sad Nikki left for the Bridge and sends get well soon wishes to Nana Bean.  She wants to pass along something to Cooper’s peeps that a friend said to her when her dear hound Bo died unexpectedly at the vet’s when he was there for observation and Mom was home.  The person said, “As in life, Bo did it his way—unpredicted on his own time table instead of yours”.  Very true.  You gave him love and care and he surely felt this in his heart.  And she is devastated to lose Rolph though she knows he has been one of the most beloved hounds that ever graced this earth.  I, Mariah, am sorry not to have met ay of these cherished hounds.

An update on life chez moi.  Everything is topsy turvy.  the human dadperson retired a little over a month ago and now all of the rules have changed.  Dadperson HATES us barking.  four barks in a row from any one of us and we are in for it.  We get immediately called into the house, the door slammed, and no getting back out for at least an hour.  We are inside a lot more now, sigh.  No more long mornings of sunbathing and barking at the kids walking by on their way to the schoolbus.  And there is no barking allowed before he gets up in the morning (around 9!).  but we get up about 6, go out for morning potty, and say good morning to all our neighbordogs (and they to us).  So after a bit of conflict, mom now takes us for a leash walk at 6  (we don’t bark on leash).  this is a mixed blessing. We love early morning sunbathing, but we like leash walking even better, so I think this change actually benefits us, though maybe not mom so much. (Dad tried to take us out one morning, but we ran and hid and refused to go with him.  mom can’t really explain this.  He never abuses us, but  I think we can sense his irritation and prefer to boycott.)  So, I would say, retirement is challenging us all, though I feel certain we’ll work it out eventually.  I like early morning walks when the sun is coming up and all the scents are fresh in the dew on the ground.  Semper fido, Mariah

Val Brewer