[Dailydrool] Pet peeve

Riche Churchill ninedogs04 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 18:56:56 PST 2019

I don't know about you, but suspect all have same phobia... a dog who will not eat, but is not sick. Or at least not with anything the vet can find. A thorough check-up, followed by an astonished look when I answered the question of how old is he? Sixteen?!!! He's in remarkable health for that age! OK. So why does he eat one day and not the next, or every other day, or once every 3 or so days?
A year or so ago, when this started, I began making my own "topping" for everyone's kibble: a crockpot mixture of chicken breasts, thighs, giblets, livers, some green beans and carrots, broken-up Ramen noodles... the other two dogs were delighted; Pet Peeve (not his real name) was okay with it for awhile, but gradually resumed the "I'm not eating this crap" thing again. I've tried every commercial can or tub on the market, even the ones that cost $2.98 each. Usually works for first can/tub but second one is met with disdain. On the other hand, he has yet to meet a treat he doesn't like. So. Any ideas of what else to cook or try?
Riche & Pet Peeve notabasset
ninedogs04 at yahoo.com