[Dailydrool] Foster (failure)

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 10:13:54 PST 2019

Hi all, Dale here

As Snoopy announced we took in another foster on Saturday.  I drove the last leg of the transport.  I may have failed in the parking lot during the exchange, I’m not exactly sure, but it doesn’t look like this boy is going anywhere

He is a very handsome boy, almost all black with a white chest and belly just covered with naughty spots. He is in LOVE with Snoopy, who was initially determined not to like him but this boy is irresistible.  When we arrived home on Saturday night Snoopy howled at him or drove him away, Sunday they went on a walk together and were able to relax and ignore each other in the same room.  By Monday they were going room to room together, inside and outside together, laying together, and then snoopy laid down to take a nap and our sweet foster lay down next to snoooys dog bed and patiently waiting for Snoopy to finish his nap. They seem to have bonded. There has been playing and mutual sniffing and all kinds of good stuff.

The name remains unclear. A very small child named him Chomper as a puppy and was howling and crying when the dog was picked up that he wanted the name to remain. I said I was open to it, but nobody in my family can bring themselves to call him that, so he is becoming buddy by default.  I like Sherlock, so perhaps he will become that

We shall see

More later from Dale who is at 50% on fosters vs failures and perhaps about to tip the scale.....oh dear

Sent from my iPad