[Dailydrool] Hey, Odie

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 19:00:03 PST 2019

We had the most adorable basset mix walk through our doors yesterday.  i was at my usual Saturday volunteer day with our no-kill all-breed and mixes thereof rescue.  when we have open spaces (volunteers not already wrangling two dogs), we invite the local humane society to bring us some of their dogs looking for adopters as well.  Yesterday we had two openings.  there were a couple of families present interacting with our potential adoptees and pondering which dogs might be a fit for their families.  When in walked a humane society staff member with a “bass-a-jack” adolescent puppy (8 months) who had just been turned into the pound (HHS) for having “too much energy” (lol).  A mix of half basset hound, half jack russell terrier, smiling and jumping on everyone to give kisses.  Basset body, jack russell face.  Talk about adorable (and a handful!!!).  I couldn’t stop laughing just watching the pup.

Both of the families looking at our other dogs turned simultaneously, took one look at the bass-a-jack and said “I want that one!”   So he went out on a trial foster to adopt.  I suspect any family that can survive the endless energy will have a terrific dog.  (If the foster-to-adopt doesn’t work out, he’ll be returned to us and we’ll try again.)

anyway, I thought of Odie.  aloha, Val in Hawaii with Mila, Mariah, and Ipo Notabasset

Val Brewer