[Dailydrool] Snip, snip

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 16:10:43 PDT 2019

From the AKC website:
"At what age should a dog be spayed or neutered?
Though these procedures can be done on puppies as young as a few months old, dog owners should consult with their veterinarian to determine the best age to spay or neuter their pet. The AKC’s Canine Health Foundation sponsored research that indicates there may be long-term health benefits to spaying or neutering dogs after they have passed through puberty. Benefits to neutering after puberty can include a reduction in orthopedic health problems, a possible reduction in certain cancers in specific breeds, and possible improved behavior. More research is ongoing in this area to compare differences among breeds and size of dogs."

If it were my puppy, I would be inclined to wait and let his developing body get farther down its road, assuming, of course, that Mr. Puppy won't be roaming loose and creating more puppies!

Nancy, currently owned by Charlie and Paige