[Dailydrool] Dear Axel

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 18 09:05:09 PDT 2019

Hello from Chomper,
Oh I feel you, I SO feel you ..... I used to live with two small yippie dogs who I chased all over the place like a madman ..... but I had to leave that home one morning a lady came and took me and she gave me to a man and a woman who drove me a ways and then this momPerson, you know she's clueless, she drove me the rest of the way to her house.  Well, I got here and there was this huge, loud basset hound named Snoopy and he was NOT happy to see me.  He really wasn't.
He yelled for hours.  But, by the end of the night, we were friends.  Now I love to run and play and go for long walks but Snoopy is 14 and has been down in the back and he can't do that.  So,  I have changed my style of play.  You have to be real gentle with the old boys (and girls).  We play alligator mouth, and we wrestle, but mostly we do it lying down, or at least sitting, and it's real slow and gentle.  Sometimes I lay down and roll over on my back under Snoopy and I'll bat his ears with my paws and get them swaying and then he'll mouth me.
Those old dogs are stubborn and slow, but they'll play with you.  You just keep after them.
Oh, and having people that love you is THE most important thing.  You have that now so you're lucky.
Goodbye and good luck from Chomper.