[Dailydrool] Sun dogs

James Emma djefla50 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 06:37:24 PDT 2019

Dear Snoopy,
I, too, am a sun dog. I was born in Homestead, FL and loves the sun. Mama says I have limits and mine is 10 minutes! That’s not even enough time to feel the heat in my bones. Mama says 95 degrees and 95% humidity is not good for longer than 10 minutes. I tell her NO, I am not moving and she has the colossal nerve to spray me with the hose! Well, I am a self respecting basset and no way will I be hosed down, so I move inside to my cool space under the ceiling fan. Now I am a huge furry speed bump in the middle of the floor. HA!

The mama speaks. We have to be very careful with Reggie. It has been extremely hot here in Central Florida. Every day has been in the mid to high 90’s and humidity is off the charts. I take Reggie to the dog park and let him play for a few minutes with his friends. All of the dogs play for about 5 minutes , then find a shady spot and lay down for 20 minutes. The park has water fountains in the shade too.

So, Snoopy, pay attention to the sun and get yourself inside so the MomPerson doesn’t worry!

Your furend,
Reggie and his mama, Daria

Sent from my iPad