[Dailydrool] Crock pot dog

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 5 19:26:34 PDT 2019

Hi all, Dale here

Snoopy is a crock pot dog.  I was told by a drooler that it was unwise to start a dog on crock pot food until/unless they wouldn’t eat dog food...and not before age 12 unless they stopped eating

Snoopy had just turned 13 when Gracie died and he went off his kibble a couple of weeks after that and I thought I was loosing my boy because with the seniors if they stop eating you will loose them, they have to eat, even if it’s milk shakes and chicken nuggets (which he is allergic to) and cheeseburgers.  Anyway I switched him to the standard crock pout diet and he does fine. He gets

1) the cheapest beef in the case.  I buy a hunk of beef with costs $2.99 a lb, some weeks it’s chuck, others I get top sirloin, I’ve gotten tri tip, doesn’t matter.

2).  Some carrots cut up

3). Some yams cut up

4). A butternut quash cleaned out and cut up

I add half a cup of water and slow cook it 8 hours.  Separately I make up oatmeal (cup of oats 2 cups water) I combine the oatmeal into the crock pot at the end and mix everything up

After it cools I freeze a bunch of 1 Day portions in ziplocks.  I make sure to have no more then 3 days worth in the fridge.  Before I started freezing so much I’d start seeing loose stools  on the forth or fifth day so it’s better to freeze it in portions

Be aware I don’t use chicken because snoopy is allergic, I know others use that.  Some folks vary the veggies too

Good luck
Dale

Sent from my iPad