[Dailydrool] Instant Pot Dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:35:46 PDT 2019

I was unaware that I should not cook for the dogs until they were elderly
and so they get high grade kibble with home cooked and some cottage cheese.
There is not any deep nutritional knowledge behind the cooking but over the
years has evolved to:
4 sweet potatoes chunked and peeled
1-3 apples peeled and chunked
2 carrots cut up
a bag of frozen veggies-- beans, peas, spinach
some blueberries
4 chicken breasts (or whatever pieces) de-boned and cut up
OR
cheap beef, a bit of each
And from time to time I have added in
A carton of chickie livers
fish  (Adding fish stinks up the house.)
I cook it in the instant pot about 1 hr and 40 minutes, then mash it in the
pot and add enough rice to sop up the liquid. (I use minute rice after
everything has cooked but is still hot.
So they get a scoop of that on their kibble. I freeze half and the other
half lasts several days.
They're not spoiled.
Personal Chef to MertaLou and Doc