[Dailydrool] Guinness - as if being paralyzed isn’t enough

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 18:32:39 PDT 2019

Poor Guinness cannot get a break.  Still no walking or standing and does not appear to have any feeling in his rear legs.  The good news is that he is emptying his own bladder. I am very thankful for Belly bands!

Before all this back stuff (surgery etc.) his biggest problem was Stomatitis.  Last year the remaining 3 quarters of his teeth were removed, leaving him with 3 canines and most of his front teeth.  One canine and 2 front teeth were removed several years ago.   He adapted beautifully - no snack could stop him.  Food.... no problem.  Now, his remaining teeth are causing sores in his mouth.  Since he can’t use his back legs to scratch, he scoots over to the steps to rub his jaw on the step.  Tonight he realized that he could use his front paws.  (He is still waiting for the big brown truck to bring his big boy brains....).

We have a vet appointment next week to discuss surgical options.  The vet refilled his Gabapentin prescription to deal with the oral pain.   He has been remarkably happy despite losing the use of his back legs.  His mouth is clearly bothering him.  Any drool and happy thoughts are much appreciated.  (Trupanion must really hate us!)

Sent from my iPad