[Dailydrool] The goddess is a hero

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 01:03:10 PDT 2019

Hello everyoneAnd thank you Merta Lou for your kind reassurance. You went through this too? And your people just let you go off with a stranger? Wow. I must say, goddess sounds much better than foster.
So things were not so bad yesterday, we had a little walk which was fine until a woman came at us with a mini person sitting on wheels. Oh boy, I was just terrified. Blanca, do you know if these mini things bite and scratch? Awful creatures.
Then The Woman gave me two baths. Two. I mean what sort of torture is that? Afterwards, she went and got a cheese sandwich and a cup of tea, so I thought I'd try my best techniques to get a sarni share. Puppy eyes? Nope. Gentle patting with my paw? Nope. Crying ever so slightly? Nope. So I then combined the gentle sobs with shaking like a jelly. Well, that got her attention. "Are you OK? Are you cold? Oh poor baby, let me get you a warm towel." As soon as she got up I made a lunge for the sarni, but the wretched woman had left it too high. So, I waited until she picked up the plate of crusts and her half-drunk cuppa and I tripped her up. Well she didn't see that one coming. The tea went all over the place, but somehow she hung onto the plate. So badly trained, honestly!
Then last night I was a hero. I caught a burglar. I did. I woke up hearing the front door opening ever so quietly and someone tip toeing up the stairs. I jumped out of bed and saw a man going into a room so I yelled "Oi, you! get outta this house!" and I went charging at him shouting at The Woman to call the police. I got him corned and he was shaking and crying and The Woman came and called me a good girl. So I'm a hero. Maybe now my people will come back for me.
Athena, Goddess, UK
Note from Sally: My son has been staying with me for a few months. He came in late last night - as quiet as a bull in a china shop. Athena waited until he was in his bedroom, looked through the door, then ran into the kitchen barking the alarm. Tom was indeed shaking and crying - with laughter, apparently she sniffed him before barking.