[Dailydrool] My Passt

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 23:56:11 PDT 2019

This is Merta Lou Intrepid Girl Basset and the MotherPerson has said I had
better explain things better. I was not abandoned at all but simply sent to
a new home which happened to be with this enormous hairy black dog and--
back then-- another rather grumpy Hound named Conley.
But it meant being sent away kind of. One day I was with the people I had
always been with and the next I was bouncing across the country in this
strange Van. And it was very cold and the only friend I had in the world
was this black hairy thing who was himself terrified even though he was
with the person who loved him and he had to stop and see a doctor and get
medicine to calm him down. I talked to him constantly to tell him it would
be ok even though I was terrified myself.
The reason I was looking for a new place to live was that when the Other
People tried to get me to trot around the square ring and let the strange
people touch me all over, I wouldn't. Uh Uh, no strangers for this girl!!
Now that I have been here awhile I kind of mostly like it. They don't make
me be friendly with strangers but let me make friends in my own time. SHe
will even tell people to leave me alone. She tells them I am "Shy" whatever
that is.
Anyway thought I should clarify but Athena give the new people time to
learn about you, it will be fine...
Love and Cuddles, Merta Lou