[Dailydrool] Hello from Athena

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 05:26:48 PDT 2019

Hello everybody,Thank you for all your messages of support and suggestions to help me be braver about things.
I have had a busy few days. First of all The Woman's friend came to the house and bought something called "toys". She and The Woman waggled them around in front of me and made silly noises. No idea what that was all about.
Then, the woman took me to a place called a shop. She said it would be quiet. Oh my goodness, you should have sniffed it. Wow, just wow. There was piggie ears and foods and treats and a very special treasure. I was very brave and even said hello to a couple of people. The woman bought a pile of stuff including the treasure and we headed back.
When we got home, she gave me the treasure. Oh boy, this was a very special treasure. I don't know what you call it, but it is white and hard on the outside and has soft meaty yummie on the inside. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I carefully carried it around. Once or twice I tried to bite it, but it skittered away, so I just carried it around hoping it might soften a bit so I could eat the inside. After a couple of days I did manage to get some of the yummie, but it is still My Best Treasure and I take it everywhere.
Then on Friday, The Woman took me to a place called a "old people's care home" where l was very brave. I didn't really want to talk to anyone, but I wasn't at all worried by the tea trolley with its metal clangy wheels and jangly tea cups. And I walked right past an old lady being pushed in a big chair on wheels. The lady with the trolley drooped ice cream, but when I went to help clear it up another lady shrieked with laughter and I thought she was telling me off, so I hid behind The Woman. I hate it when people shout near me.
And last night, The Woman and one of the burglars took me to the "pub". We sat outside where lots of people were talking and drinking. Some mini people were there, but they didn't come close. In fact, when one wasn't looking I sneaked up behind her and sniffed her. Lots of people said I was beautiful, but The Woman told them to leave me alone, and they did.
So, what with all that and barking at burglars and suffering more baths, I have been very busy. What have you all been up to? Do you have treasure?
Athena, UK