[Dailydrool] Red Dog and dog names

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 05:30:44 PDT 2019

Jane,I had to smile when I read your post mentioning Red Dog.  Growing up, my neighborhood had Black Dog.  She had a home of course but she knew where to go to get love and attention and visited my house daily :-)
My current two are named Elliot Fitzgerald (Fitz) and Rascal Rooney.  My husband named Fitz after his favorite author (F. Scott Fitzgerald) and musician (Elliot Smith).  I shortened the much distinguished name to Fitz.  I pondered and pondered over Rooney's name, the poor guy was nameless for about 3 days until Rooney just popped out one day when I was gushing over him.  Rooney was a nickname my grandfather used for us grandkids--no clue why or where it came from, but it was definitely a term of endearment and it stuck. <3
Thanks all for sharing, I have enjoyed reading the dog name posts!