[Dailydrool] Famous Riche

Riche Churchill ninedogs04 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 22:22:52 PDT 2019

Riche Churchill writes:
When I saw the recent post by Alice Garbrick about meeting me at the Maryland Brood waddle, I was reminded of a time some years ago when she wrote me and made much the same comments about being flabbergasted that I had attended and she had met me.
I think I wrote back and explained myself to her, and now will to all of you:
I was and am flabbergasted at the described reaction to my presence at that waddle. Let me be clear: I am one of the world's most shy and inarticulate person in the presence of people.
I can write; you all know this, but I cannot carry on a conversation with anyone I haven't known for at least 10 years and not very well even then. It has been the bane of my existence, frankly. One of the things that attracted me to my recently deceased DP was that she could talk the leaves off a tree. She would meet a perfect stranger and in no time at all became best buds and knew their life history. (I was the taller one standing behind her, hoping not to be noticed.)
I have never, EVER felt "famous" or important and I may have hurt feelings along the way without meaning to and always felt myself to be a huge disappointment to anyone who tried to talk to me at waddles or dog shows. (On the other hand, most people seldom knew I was present as it never occurred to me to introduce myself, and I would have been too shy even if it had.)
But thank you, Alice. It's kinda nice to know, or hesitantly believe, that I am/was famous or important now that I'm in the autumn (more like late winter) of my years. The Bugler was and is the love of my life. The fact that I continue to send out the little Bugle Notes and online re-issues of "olde" editions is proof of how hard it is to let go of something you love.
Riche
ninedogs04 at yahoo.com