[Dailydrool] A nursing home visit

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 21:20:26 PDT 2019

A 75 year old friend of ours is in a nearby nursing home recovering from a compound leg fracture and subsequent infectionafter falling.  I visit her every other day.  Today my husband and our three dogs went for a visit to the nursing home together after a trip to the vets for toenail trims.  My husband had planned to stay in the car with the dogs while I visited with our friend inside, but as it turned out, our friend was on the outside patio in a wheelchair with an attendant when we arrived, so we were all able to visit—three dogs included.  Once again I was overwhelmed with the beauty of dog souls.  Our three were all angels, visiting our friend with gentle kisses and settling at her feet, only moving when another resident was wheeled out.  then they gave similar gentle greetings to newcomers until we had a crowd gathered.   None of the three are “trained therapy dogs” (and two of three can be the “dickens” as Dale puts it), but you would never have known this from the gentle love they dispensed to one and all, no matter how disabled, disfigured, or demented.  They were love personified.  Dogs are the best this world has to offer, I think.  Semper fido

Val Brewer