[Dailydrool] Names

Karen McEwan bassett8 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:05:10 PDT 2019

There have been many Out of Africa Bassets but the first came to me as a tiny puppy sold from a trolley in a shopping mall and that was Coco because bassets have a French background and she was named after Coco Chanel 😃.  My second hound came from a breeder and was Gibbinnings Scottish Piper and stayed Piper. The third was a rescue from elderly neighbors and was already named Whisky.  From this point on all have been rescues either dumped on my doorstep or come to me via rescues.  Leila (rescue) Caspian (rescue) both ATB with the original hounds and my current hounds Ella who was dumped on my doorstep, Maverick who was originally called Soekie (which means searcher) and was dumped on my daughter in law, who due to circumstances at the time not keep him and Toby who came to me via SA Basset Adoptions.  Sadly we are limited to 3 hounds here in the city but hopefully there will always be a Basset Hound in my life ❤️

Karen with Ella, Maverick and Toby