[Dailydrool] Names

CenturyLink Customer jimanddorikostka at q.com
Mon Mar 11 07:19:33 PDT 2019

I have been part of the Daily Drool for probably over 25 years but usually just read it but thought I would chime in on the dog name thread. Our first dog was a freebie from a farm 35 years ago whose mom was a basset but no idea who dad was. My then fiance (now husband) got him for me as a guard dog! We had him for a few days without giving him a name and Jim kept calling him his little buddy so we decided that Buddy should be his name. When Buddy had a disc rupture and had surgery at the Iowa State University vet school, they suggested we get him a companion as he had made friends with a doberman there. So we went to the ARL and found Max and kept his name as he knew it. To continue the "M" theme, we have had Molly, Millie (which we changed from Jill after adopting her from a rescue) and Maggie (who we still have). After Millie went to the bridge, Jim thought Maggie was lonely so we looked for a companion to adopt. I decided to go back to a "B" name and had several names picked out as possibilities: Barney, Buster, etc. but when we found the one, I knew his name was Bandit when I saw him as he is almost completely white with a black patch over one eye.

--
Jim and Dori