[Dailydrool] Back arthritis in young basset

Molly Thompson mthompson5922 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 08:44:39 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I am looking for any advice/treatments you would recommend for a 5 year
old basset with arthritis in her spine.

A little background....I took Lilly in for a bladder infection and our
vet took an x ray to check for stones.  No stones, but she did notice
arthritis along Lilly's lower spine. So far Lilly doesn't seem to be in
any discomfort, but the vet did recommend limiting her stair descents
and is worried about slipped discs, etc in the future.

Any more advice out there???

Thanks so much,

Molly Thompson, slave to Lilly, Tucker (ATB), Max (ATB)