[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 25 11:19:38 PDT 2019

Hi all, Snoopy here,
Well everything is just great here at the Rutz home.  The backyard is in full bloom, it's been raining a lot in the last month and the grass is emerald green and the flowers are lush and oh my, it's just lovely.  Yesterday was dry and momPerson rolled the rugs out for us on the patio.  It was around 65 degrees and Chomper and I were basking in the sunshine on our rug when suddenly Chomper said to momPerson (who was lounging in a lounger) ...... "mommy, mommy, let's go for a walk!"   And the clueless momPerson said yes.
So, we put my leash on and Chomper got his harness on, which he needs because he's a handful, and off we went.  We were trotting and sniffing and checking everything out and we got down to the end of the block where we always turn left now (many years ago we always turned right, but turning right means a MUCH longer walk, almost a mile) and ....... I decided I wanted to turn right!  So I said so and refused to turn left.
Now the clueless momPerson was skeptical and she said "now Snoopy, that is a LONG way.  I am NOT carrying you and I am NOT calling and Uber either, if we go right you are walking that whole way!"  So, I thought it over and I figured well, it's 2 o'clock on Sunday afternoon.  It might take me a while but I think I can do this!  I want to do this.  So ..... off we we went.  To the right!
Well I got done trotting.  I went to strolling.  Chomper was a really good boy he didn't pull and he didn't complain.  A few times I stopped to sniff something for a minute or two.  He'd come over and sniff.  Then he'd wait.  Real patient.  And then we'd go on.  A few times we saw people ..... Chomper isn't friendly and he has a tendency to snarl / lunge at people so momPerson talked to him when she was people and encouraged him to ignore them and be brave and he was a good boy (mostly, he got out one snarl at a neighbor before momPerson got him to quiet down but he did quit it).
So, there we were, at the very end of our walk, just about 6 houses from home, walking past a fence when it happened.  I was very tired, walking real, real slow and momPerson and Chomper were a little bit ahead ..... when a dog snarled fiercely and started barking on the other side of that fence.  Well Chomper was terrified he nearly jumped out of his skin, he tried to run away so I charged over there to that fence and I howled just as loud as I could and I let that dog know he better not say another word to my momPerson and my brother.
And then I was all juiced up so I bounced all the way home.
More later from Snoopy who had a very long walk yesterday and amazed everyone.