[Dailydrool] Clueless

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 1 08:00:03 PDT 2019

Hi it’s Dale.
Last night I was not at my best.  I spent the day at the San Francisco office which is a 2 hour commute each way.  I was tired. Greg had a tooth extracted on Monday and he has a broken thumb.  Between us we were not our best selves.
We went to bed around 10:30.  Snoopy was asleep on the couch but turned up shortly thereafter. I boosted him up.  Snoopy often takes a few minutes to settle down.  He licks, he rubs, he scratches, we tell him to knock it off.  Sometimes we threaten him with a squirt bottle. Then we all settle in and go to sleep.  And tgen Chomper joins us. Not last night.
Snoopy was rubbing his ear and shaking his head and wouldn’t quit.  So I hit up and used some ear cleaner to moisten some cotton rounds and wiped out his ears. Didn’t help.  I tried cuddling him.  Nothing. I yelled at him.  No luck.  I moved to another room.  Greg got frustrated and boosted him off of the bed. About 10 minutes later I went looking for him.  Shaking his head.  Rubbing and scratching. I got the bottle of ear cleaner and did a proper job.  Used ottomax. Went back to bed.  It was now 11:30
I boosted him up and he was crying and panting. Twitching.  Trying desperately not to rub shake and scratch.  And THAT is when I said “I wonder if this is an allergic reaction. Maybe he got into something or something bit or stung him.”  Gave him 2 benedryl.  He relaxed. Stopped crying. Sighed. And fell asleep in my arms.  And then chomper jumped up and settled in with us.  In the morning Snoopy was fine.
Poor baby suffered for an hour because I’m STILL clueless.
SighDale

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone