[Dailydrool] Guinness update - a step backwards.

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:29:06 PDT 2019

Last week, we went on a 5 day trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary.  We had a great dog sitter stay at the house and a friend visit during the day.  Guinness did well.  We got home and he walked to the door to greet us, he was so excited (overly excited it appears) that we were home.  He walked yesterday, but not as much.  He did not eat breakfast or dinner.  He slept most of the day,  and seemed to be in some pain.  I realized this morning that he had not peed since yesterday afternoon.  We had to use the catheter this morning before taking him back for his recheck with the surgeon.  We had been so excited to see their reaction when he walked in.  We had to use his harness.  He could not stand on his own.  To us, this was a big setback, but the vet felt that he was still better than her last check.  So back to resting, more meds and catheters (until he pees on his own again).  It is so hard watching him suffer, but he is getting lots of attention.

Sent from my iPhone