[Dailydrool] Pet meds

houndsabound at cfl.rr.com houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu May 16 14:49:50 PDT 2019

Aroos, Droolers!

It gets my BP up when you hear someone having an issue with their vet not
wanting to work with them on meds for their dog/s, whether it is one or more
than one.
I do not know this for certain, but I wonder if meds are like icing on the
cake for them,  you know, that they make more on meds thank other services.

I guess if it were me, I would tell him/her that there are vets that are
more than happy to write scripts cause they are happy to have you as a
client and have you bring all your senior dogs to them.   Seniors are going
to be visiting a vet much more than a 2 yr. old in general.

So,  here is something many of you may not know.  You can find this on
Chewy.com or any pet store.     Fish MOx is actually Amoxicillin,    you can
get 100 ct bottle of 500MG capsules for 26.59 on Chewy right now.
 Fish Flex is cephalexin and you can get that also on Chewy or your local
pet store, ALL OVER THE COUNTER/NO SCRIPT, in 250mg or 500mg capsules.
You can also get metronidazole, Doxycycline, penicillin, cipro  all in fish
antibiotics.
So,  check out Chewy and tell your vet, at least if you needed antibiotics
that you know how to get them without his help.  There may be other things
out there that I am unaware of, but this will give you some idea of what you
may have to pay and if it would be more than what your vet wants to charge
you.

Having said all this, I do not condone treating without vet care.   I have a
pretty full pharmacy at home,  but always text with my vet, bring them in if
she wants to see them and do not start any medicine without her OK.

Wen and the Bounders